New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
15th April 2014
A new professional group to help deliver supply chain excellence in the highly regulated pharmaceutical and medical device industries held its inaugural meeting in Nottingham recently.
‘Good Distribution Practice: delivering to your customers on time and to specification’ was the subject for discussion at the launch of the Supply Chain Special Interest Group (SIG) that is a collaboration between Medilink East Midlands and specialist medical technology supply chain consultancy Lime Associates.
20 delegates participated in the event and welcomed speakers Andrew Portess, Quality and Regulatory Affairs Manager, UDG, Richard Shore, Commercial Director, Movianto and Steve Langron, Supply Chain Director of Lime Associates and founder of the Supply Chain Special Interest Group.
The Supply Chain SIG is aimed at professionals in pharmaceutical medical device and healthcare technology companies who are interested in improving the supply chain in the Med Tech sector and brings together manufacturers, NHS, academics and service providers to network and share best practice.
Steve Langron said: “The SIG is a great platform for the industry to share best practice on how to control risk and enhance the customer’s experience.
“The initial meeting was a great success and helped us to shape the direction of the group.”
Darren Clark, CEO for Medilink EM, said: “The SIG is a perfect way to share best practice between academics, manufacturers and supply chain professionals in both the NHS and medical and healthcare companies.”
The topic for the next meeting of the SIG is July Medical Product Deliveries: the final 100 metres and it will be held on 17th July at a venue yet to be confirmed.
Categories: Supply Chain Management, Training, Health Technology, Medical Device
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.