Enterprising Sheffield Academy appeals for local business support
19th June 2013
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy in Sheffield is appealing for businesses to come forward to support the Academy’s Entrepreneurship courses.
Set up by Peter Jones CBE, entrepreneur and star of Dragons’ Den, the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy at the Sheffield City College further education courses in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship that offer a fresh approach to business education by focusing on the value of ‘learning by doing’.
Graeme Tidd, Business Enterprise Manager at the Academy said: “The support of the local business community is fundamental to the success of our courses. Without local entrepreneurs to encourage, enthuse and engage the students, our offering would be very similar to that of other colleges. The business owners bring the courses to life and help to equip the students with valuable entrepreneurship and career development skills.”
One Sheffield business that had added value to the Academy by supporting its Business Surgeries is Lime Associates, a specialist medical purchasing and supply chain consultancy. Its Purchasing Director, Lee Robinson said; “It’s very rewarding to work with students who are hungry to learn and are driven to develop ideas. More than 99% of British businesses are SMEs (Small to Medium Enterprises) like Lime Associates and it’s vital that we play our part in nurturing tomorrow’s entrepreneurs and captains of industry.”
“Lee’s involvement has been invaluable” said Graeme Tidd “People like him make the course work and we could do with more of them.”
Representatives of companies of any size are invited to help Graeme and his team by supporting Business Surgeries, taking students on placements, assigning projects and generally giving them valuable business experience and knowledge.
The Peter Jones Enterprise Academy aims to equip future generations of entrepreneurs with the skills and mindset to run their own businesses and offers five unique courses in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship for those aged 16 and above at 38 Academies nationwide.
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
- Case Studies
- CIPS Professional Group
- Cost Control
- Cost Reduction
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Technology
- Medical Device
- Start Ups
- Lime In The News
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.