Supply Chain Special Interest Group meets to discuss Medical Product Deliveries
1st July 2014
A new professional group that has been launched to help deliver supply chain excellence in the highly regulated healthcare and medical industry will hold its next meeting on 17th July in Derby.
‘Medical Product Deliveries: The Final 100 Metres’ is the subject for discussion amongst the members of the Supply Chain Special Interest Group (SIG) that is a collaboration between Medilink East Midlands and specialist medical supply chain consultancy Lime Associates.
The free event is aimed at supply chain professionals in medical device and healthcare technology companies who are interested in overcoming the challenges associated with getting the right product to the right patient and will provide examples of best practice and recent innovations. The distinguished list of guest speakers includes representatives from the NHS Supply Chain, from industry and from academia.
This no-charge event is funded by the Healthcare and Bioscience iNet – project part financed by ERDF – and by Lime Associates and Next Business Generation (NBG). It takes place between 9am and 1pm at the Best Western Premier Yew Lodge Hotel, Kegworth, Derby. For more information and to book, please visit the Medilink EM website.
Founder member of the Supply Chain Special Interest Group, Steve Langron said: “The SIG is a great platform for the industry to share best practice on how to control risk and enhance the customer’s experience.”
Of the Special Interest Group, Darren Clark, CEO for Medilink EM, said; “This is a great initiative and a perfect way to share best practice between academics, supply chain professionals in both the NHS and medical and healthcare companies. We’re confident that it will be as successful as the launch event.”
Medilink EM is the East Midlands life science industry association, whose aim is to help companies establish, develop and grow. Medilink EM is a founding member of Medilink UK; a national network supporting over 3,000 companies across the entire UK.
Lime Associates is the only UK purchasing and supply chain consultancy that works exclusively with Medical Device, Biotech and Health Technology companies.
Lime Associates’ team of consultants is currently engaged on supply chain, cost reduction and business start up assignments with prestigious clients including Baywater, Scapa and Smith & Nephew.
Categories: Supply Chain Management
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
- Case Studies
- CIPS Professional Group
- Cost Control
- Cost Reduction
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Technology
- Medical Device
- Start Ups
- Lime In The News
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.