One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
9th December 2011
Lime Associates’ Chairman Malcolm Worrall is celebrating after winning a dressage competition in unusual circumstances.
When Malcolm registered for a British Dressage affiliated competition at Port Royal, East Yorkshire on 1st November 2011, little did he know how significant the number one would become.
Competing on his eight year old gelding Marlon, Malcolm, allocated number 111, gained 70.8% in the Novice 20 class to win the competition.
Commenting on the series of coincidences, Malcolm said; “The odds of coming 1st on 1-11-11 whilst wearing number 111 were very long and to top it off, I won £17 and made £1 profit!”
Malcolm has only been competing on Marlon for a year at local dressage events and hopes to qualify for regional events in 2012.
Dressage is a French term meaning training and was developed by the Ancient Greeks to give their troops an advantage in combat. In the 17th and 18th centuries, dressage became fashionable and nobility used to stage grand displays like those still seen at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.
In the 20th century, dressage became the competitive sport it is today and according to its governing body, British Dressage, its 14,000 members, 10,000 registered horses and 2,000 days of competition per year make dressage one of the fastest growing equestrian disciplines in the UK.
The Olympic Dressage tests will take place in Greenwich Park between Thursday 2nd August and Thursday 9th August 2012.
Categories: Media, Consultancy, Lime In The News
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.