New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
10th January 2012
A new professional group that has been launched to help deliver purchasing and supply chain excellence in the highly regulated healthcare and medical industry will hold its inaugural meeting on 7th March in Sheffield.
Entitled ‘Getting what Purchasing wants in a regulated environment’ the CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) Health Technology Special Interest Group’s first meeting is being hosted by Lime Associates and has attracted keynote speakers Mike Bullivant and Ed Luttrell.
Mike, Director of Michael Bullivant Ltd, has over 20 years’ experience in the Medical Device industry including nine years consulting on regulatory impacts and Ed Luttrell, Director and Principal Coach of Blue Bamboo Consulting, has been an executive coach for over 15 years and specialises in helping Procurement and Supply Chain leaders achieve their full potential.
The aim of the event is to provide CIPS members and non-members with an understanding of how challenging purchasing within the Health Technology sector is and how to address these challenges so that delegates can make a real difference to their own organisations.
Founder member and chairman of the Health Technology Special Interest Group Lee Robinson said; “The CIPS Health Technology Group has been created as a way of networking, sharing best practice and raising purchasing practices in the world of Medical Device and Pharmaceutical manufacturing so that we can really make our mark on the global purchasing excellence map. We’re aiming to create knowledge bases, share innovation, disseminate information and generally help each other until we’re recognised as delivering excellence within our industry. We currently have active members from companies including Genzyme, Owen Mumford, Astra Zeneca, Systagenix and Baxter but we would welcome many more members to help us all gain maximum value from the group.”
Sponsored by medical purchasing and supply solutions specialists Lime Associates at The Quadrant, Sheffield, the meeting starts at 3.45pm with registration and concludes at 7.00pm. Refreshments will be provided. For more information and to book, please call 0845 880 1188 or visit CIPS Health Technology Group Event
Lime Associates is a team of manufacturing consultants who specialise in delivering purchasing and supply chain solutions for the Medical Device and Health Technology Industries and whose client base includes Smith & Nephew, Owen Mumford, Sartorius, Scapa Group, Lantor, Genzyme and Chester Medical.CIPS is an international organisation serving the purchasing and supply profession. Dedicated to promoting good practice, CIPS provides a wide range of services for the benefit of members and the wider business community.
Categories: CIPS Professional Group, Health Technology, Medical Device, Bio-Tech, Start Ups
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.