News from Lime Associates' roving football reporter James Cooper
21st June 2012
Congratulations to James Cooper, Lime Associates’ Director and interim Global Category Manager at Scapa, for being top goal scorer at Scapa’s equivalent to Euro 2012 – ‘Le Tournoi’. Here’s James’s match report;
As Euro 2012 kicked off in Warsaw, a determined team of footballers from Scapa’s Ashton site made their way to the South of France for the second Scapa football challenge. The inaugural event was played off between Valence, Rorschach and Ghislarengo, but the three teams welcomed a British contingent for the first time.
Due to prior commitments, only nine players were able to travel but they acquitted themselves well against teams with previous tournament experience. Pretournament favourites and hosts Valence were Ashton’s first opponents and, after a tight match, the Frenchmen eventually ran out 3-1 winners with two late goals. Ashton’s second match was against Ghislarengo and the team perhaps felt aggrieved to lose this game by 3-1, despite creating a host of chances. Following a victory on penalties against Rorschach, Ghislarengo set up a winner takes all game with the Frenchmen, due to the earlier Valence win against the Swiss. For Ashton and Rorschach it was a battle for third and fourth. Valence showed their class in the last game and ran out easy 7-1 winners against Ghislarengo, whilst Ashton battled through injury to beat Rorschach 4-2. So the trophy stays in Valence for another year, with the team who proved to be the best of the teams on show on the day. Rorschach will no doubt be plotting their assault on the competition and as hosts will have a great chance of winning in 2013.
As host site, Valence worked incredibly hard to put on the event and the day and previous evening were a credit to those involved.
All was not lost for Ashton though as they won the karaoke competition on the eve of the tournament. No ‘nul points’ for team Ashton!
Categories: Media, Cost Control, Cost Reduction, Consultancy, Health Technology
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
- Case Studies
- CIPS Professional Group
- Cost Control
- Cost Reduction
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Technology
- Medical Device
- Start Ups
- Lime In The News
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.