Case Study - How we secured European distribution for a US orthopaedic business
21st March 2013
Our Client: Our client, a recognised leader in bone stimulation devices in the USA, develops and markets clinically proven and cost-effective orthopaedic therapies and diagnostic tools, including osteoarthritis pain treatments, bone growth stimulators and ultrasounds.
Project: With no European supply chain infrastructure, our client engaged Lime Associates to find a suitable partner in Europe offering Medical grade warehousing and having the capability to ship to hospitals, pharmacies and (potentially) patients throughout Europe.
Actions: Lime Associates used its network of contacts to identify companies that specialise in medical grade warehousing and distribution and managed a Request for Quote (RFQ) process to shortlist suitable partners. Lime Associates’ supply chain team interrogated the content of the bids and, using the team’s Medical Industry experience, was able to recommend the most appropriate partner for the client’s needs. Lime Associates’ procurement specialists then worked with the preferred partner to negotiate the best rates and terms.
Result: A major 3rd party logistics company was engaged to provide a European Distribution Centre in the Netherlands that went live in December 2012. It is currently delivering products to Netherlands, Italy, UK, Eire, Denmark, Sweden and Norway and has the capability to extend this group of countries further during 2013.
Summary: Working to tight deadlines, Lime Associates used its extensive Medical Industry expertise and contacts to satisfy the client’s brief and as a consequence of this successful project, Lime Associates has been retained to provide a similar service for its Canadian and Australian distribution.
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
- Case Studies
- CIPS Professional Group
- Cost Control
- Cost Reduction
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Technology
- Medical Device
- Start Ups
- Lime In The News
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.