Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
4th March 2014
Our Client: Our client is a UK based global manufacturer that focuses on providing specialist solutions for medical device manufacturers. The company enjoys a multi million pound turnover and exports to over 40 countries, with offices and resource needs in 6 global locations and over 7000 flight hours accumulated each year.
Project: We were engaged to look critically at areas for cost saving across the entire business.
Actions: In the first instance, we undertook a thorough spend analysis by department to identify areas where cost savings could be made. One of these areas was travel, where the client was spending over £1.7 million per annum.
After analysing the spend, despite complete buy-in from senior management, we had to communicate the potential cost saving opportunities to colleagues outside of the procurement function and sell the benefits of potentially reviewing the travel process. We facilitated cross- functional workshops that used a combination of professional coaching techniques and facilitation to encourage buy in from all the departments. The workshops identified the critical business objectives and explored how Lime Associate’s suggested solution fitted with the business’s needs.
Individual procurement projects were then identified and the procurement process began with scoping the project, identifying potential partners and inviting proposals from a long-list of recommended vendors (including the incumbent). From here, we shortlisted five companies and facilitated a Supplier Day whereby they could showcase their suitability for the project. It is important to stress that this initial shortlist was not influenced by cost.
The final shortlist of two companies was selected by the client’s approved project team, using Lime Associates’ detailed scoring model.
Result: Lime Associates handled the commercial negotiations, receiving opportunities ranging up to £660k per year (38%). The client has subsequently appointed a project team to manage the implementation process.
Summary: The Lime Associates’ team used its management and leadership skills to complement its procurement skills to engage cross functional groups and to ensure maximum cost savings and business improvement benefits were identified.
To find out more or ask any questions, please feel free to contact us on
0114 213 8306, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.lime-associates.com
Categories: Case Studies, Cost Control, Cost Reduction, Consultancy, Medical Device
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
- Case Studies
- CIPS Professional Group
- Cost Control
- Cost Reduction
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Technology
- Medical Device
- Start Ups
- Lime In The News
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.