2 weeks, 10 recommendations and the future is clear - the benefits of the Lime Procurement System
16th June 2014
Our Client: Our client was one of the largest European manufacturers of laboratory, balance & scales and inspection & detection equipment. With a turnover in excess of €650m and over 4,500 employees this genuinely global company had a tight grip on their most important spend areas, and an unsure future on the remainder.
Project: We were engaged on a specific project to help them identify and clarify their strategic direction. With significant workload dedicated to their polymer and stainless steel spends (their largest purchased categories) they had little idea of where to focus next, the priority, timing or potential benefits.
Actions: Using our proprietary Lime Procurement System (LPS) we took a systematic approach to their entire spent, focusing first on their UK business. This entailed mapping their supply base and collating supplier intelligence, interviewing key stakeholders, conducting background commodity tracking and understanding contractual and informal supplier relationships.
Result: Within little over two weeks, and using our own Lime Procurement Strategy Matrix (LPSM), we were able to identify 10 distinct strategy areas for our client to move forward on. These included implementing a robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system, approving secondary sources for key materials, adopting a global freight strategy and contract management of their tail-end suppliers. A 29 page report was produced with key highlights clearly emphasised and next steps clear.
Summary: Within just over two weeks, we were able to offer our European client 10 clear strategic purchasing directives to follow along with ‘how to’ plans and implementation timescales. We categorised clearly their supply base using the Lime Procurement Strategy Matrix, part of our proprietary Lime Procurement System. Our client was then able to successfully set their forward strategy.
To find out more or ask any questions, please feel free to contact us on 0114 213 8306 or e mail email@example.com.
Categories: Case Studies
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.