UPS Annual Review of the Healthcare Industry
18th February 2013
UPS’s latest review of the Healthcare Industry makes interesting reading. As supply chain consultants operating exclusively within the healthcare industry, we were not surprised to learn that managing supply chain costs has been a leading issue for healthcare decision makers for the past five years.
What is more surprising, however, if that each year, fewer than half the companies surveyed report success in addressing this concern.
In terms of statistics, UPS reports;
1) Costs have been a major issue in all of the five annual surveys that they have conducted
2) Costs are the number two issue overall and is the main concern for 60% of the respondents
3) Under 50% of respondents have been able to do something about it.
Over the last three years, Lime Associates has contributed to companies being able to commercialise their products in various regions around the globe (Europe, North America, Australia) by finding..
1) Fit for purpose logistics partners
2) Logistics partners with a known service standard
3) Logistics partners that have all of the relevant quality and regulatory systems in place to handle our client’s products and by conducting a rigorous Request for Quotation process so that companies can be compared for both price and quality.
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.