The Value of Strategic Purchasing to SME’s within the Health Technology Industry
18th March 2013
The Medical Device industry is a heavily regulated, heavily burdened industry and this tends to put costs up. Large companies tend to a) accept this additional cost and b) afford to ‘invest’ in Strategic Purchasing (category management, low cost sourcing, Supply chain restructuring, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) etc). This leaves a large gap for SME’s where due to increasing pressure from low cost imports, and rising commodity prices they have a need to drive cost out of their businesses.
Please click on the link below to read the updated version of a report that was written by Lime’s Purchasing Consultant Lee Robinson in 2010. We think you’ll agree that very little has changed regarding the principles of strategic purchasing.
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.