Case Study - How we facilitated the European launch of a revolutionary wound care treatment
3rd October 2012
Our Client: Our client is a Non-European company that develops biomedical technologies for wound healing, tissue repair, cell culture and other applications. Following successful clinical trials our client wanted to launch its innovative wound healing product in Europe in 2012.
Project: Our client was looking for a partner company to undertake its customer service, logistics, warehousing and finance functions. Lime Associates was recommended by the company tasked with the commercial aspects of the launch as a result of previous projects. Our client contracted Lime Associates to manage a Request for Quote (RFQ) process to find a suitable partner to handle the European launch of this innovative biologics product that must be stored and shipped in a frozen state.
Actions: Lime Associates used its network of contacts to identify companies that specialise in medical grade warehousing and distribution and invited them to quote for the business. Lime Associates interrogated the content of the bids and, using the team’s Medical Industry experience, were able to recommend the most appropriate partner for the client’s needs. Lime Associates’ supply chain and procurement specialists then worked with the preferred partner to recommend the most cost effective and efficient way to bring the product to a European medical market.
Result: Lime Associates and the preferred partner worked together to offer our client a solution based on a new build warehouse incorporating the largest dedicated medical freezer storage in Europe and supported with multilingual administration and accounts functions. Lime Associates also helped to drive over €1,200,000 savings by improving warehousing processes and negotiating further price reduction in freight and packing materials.
Summary: Working to tight deadlines, Lime Associates used its extensive Medical Industry expertise and contacts to exceed the client’s expectations by not only delivering against the original brief of sourcing a logistics, warehousing and administrative partner but being able to challenge costs and add value to the process throughout.
To find out more about how we can help you or to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us on 0114 213 8306, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Categories: Case Studies, Supply Chain Management, Consultancy, Medical Device, Bio-Tech, Start Ups
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.