Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
22nd April 2014
Stage 1: Selection
Our Client: Our client is a UK based global medical device manufacturer that specialises in drug delivery devices. With a growing, multi-million pound turnover, it faced a critical situation whereby its business systems were old, required updating and, in some vital areas, were either unsupported or poorly supported.
Project: We were engaged on a two stage process to identify suitable software and an implementation plan. The first stage was to understand suitable partners and the expected cost and timescale of an ERP selection and implementation project.
Actions: We interviewed key system users and ascertained where the company was experiencing pain due to poor systems. The output from this set of interviews was a high level scope document against which potential suppliers could match their software and estimate implementation costs.
The ERP marketplace is large and complex with many suppliers offering a variety of solutions. Lime Associates performed an initial screen of suppliers who met the following criteria …
1. Have a target client base of mid-size manufacturing companies.
2. Have a client base including either Medical Device or Pharmaceutical manufacturers.
3. Are strong and growing (not simply supporting an established user base).
4. Have a presence in the countries in which our client operates in.
5. Have documented and compelling implementation examples
Using these criteria, Lime Associates identified a number of suitable suppliers and recommended a list of six companies for further analysis.
Each company was asked to submit an initial bid (using an e-procurement process) against a detailed specification that included the scope as identified via the initial interviews as well as other criteria designed to establish their capability to implement and support the product in the future. Their responses, together with estimates for implementation costs, resources and timetable, allowed Lime Associates to recommend a short-list of three companies.
Result: At the end of this process, the three short-listed candidates could be compared accurately for their system performance and indicative costs. This approach allowed our client to make an informed decision on a project budget, project plan and staffing levels.
Summary: Due to Lime Associates’ support, the client could plan effectively for the project and were in an ideal position for commercial negotiations in phase two of the assignment.
To find out more or ask any questions, please feel free to contact us on 0114 213 8306, email@example.com or www.lime-associates.com
Categories: Case Studies
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.