Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
6th November 2013
A unique seminar that brought together purchasing and supply chain professionals within the medical industry has been hailed a great success.
‘Are you ruining your suppliers’ performance?’ questioned whether supply chain replenishment processes can have a negative impact on procurement performance and was organised by Medilink East Midlands in partnership with CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) and in association with specialist medical consultancy, Lime Associates.
Keynote speaker, Simon Eagle from SmartChain LLP, addressed the 30 delegates on topical medical purchasing and supply chain issues including why ‘forecast push’ destroys supplier performance, how demand driven supply chains work and how demand driven replenishment can help your company reduce procurement spend.
Simon’s supply chain management experience covers both medical devices and generic pharmaceuticals. He has deep subject matter expertise in the area of ‘Demand Driven Planning & Replenishment’ (DDPR) having successfully piloted ‘demand pull’ at Smith & Nephew, designed and configured ERP to support it and having shared experience and knowledge with Professor Stephen Disney (Cardiff Business School), one of the world’s leading authorities on Supply Chain Dynamics or “bullwhip”.
A round-table discussion on the subject of ‘How can Procurement influence our company’s supply chain operating model?’ followed the keynote speech and the event concluded with a networking session.
Of the event, delegate Steven Day, Country Head of Procurement UK and Ireland for Sanofi said that that the event was an “opportunity for expert insight” and Paul Smith from Healthcare Print and Packaging Limited said that the event had given him a “better understanding of the supply chain”.
Lime Associates’ Lee Robinson, founder member and chairman of the CIPS Health Technology Group, was delighted with the success of the event; “ I established the CIPS Health Technology Group to bring together purchasing and supply chain professionals and help to promote excellence in the highly regulated healthcare and medical industry and this was a great example of how to bridge the gap between Health Technology and Purchasing.”
Categories: CIPS Professional Group, Supply Chain Management, Training, Health Technology, Medical Device, Bio-Tech
- East Riding businessman invited to address national conference
- New group launched to address supply chain challenges facing medical companies
- How ethical is your procurement and supply?
- Case Study – Travel procurement project highlights over £660k savings per annum
- Case Study – An ERP project for multi-million pound medical company
- Sheffield medical technology consultants help Oxfordshire Medical Device manufacture to choose ERP System
- High praise for Lime Associates’ James Cooper at national med-tech conference
- November newsletter
- Tri-partite event unites medical purchasing and supply chain professionals
- Representing the client - the importance of trust in third party relationships
- Case Study - World carton board market interrogated to identify sourcing opportunities
- "Time well spent" - CIPS Health Technology Group Launch event
- CIPS Health Technology Launch Event
- Purchasing and sales - best of friends?
- Top 10 Tips for your next CIPS awards
- Specialist Health Technology Consultancy celebrates second successful year
- Lime Associates' Chairman on the Radio
- James Cooper's in the news
- One is the magic number for Lime Associates' Chairman
- New group attracts both global giants and SMEs
- Lime Associates negotiates hard to deliver recruitment savings
- New Group Launched to address purchasing and supply changes facing medical companies
- CIPS Health Technology Group Speaker Biographies
Newsletter Sign Up
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.